Sunday, January 15, 2006

Cowboys, my "type" & loooving being single

The Hot Cowboy story begins three years ago... When I first met him, he was hanging with my friend Jenny from Wisconsin, he was pretty quiet and didn't associate with the rest of the group all that much- but got along with my girlfriend Jenny pretty well and seemed nice.

The next year I saw him and was knocked out with his transformation; he lost some weight and changed into pure muscle, lost the glasses and got contacts and his personality was just the kind I am to die for attracted to. You know that kind- all I have to say is Two Words :) Outgoing, funny, makes a crowd gather and a great smile with beautiful flirtation eyes! Ahhhhhh!

However last year all we did was dance together and spend time together flirting and talking- that's when Jeremy wasn't around because when he was- no one came near me. Oh well! I'm just a big flirt though and nothing happened.

This year is a different story!

Now let me take a few steps back and tell you that because I wasn't very good at keeping in touch with Dan last week while in Denver- he finally realized that I'm not ready for a relationship and we are going to keep it casual as I think is best.

Flash forward to Wednesday night- the first night I hung out with them. The cowboys knew I was coming and upon arrival I said hello to everyone and introduced them to my girlfriend Christine. As I was going around the circle of Montana Silversmith guys introducing them- Travis stepped out of the circle, picked me up and gave me a huge hug and kiss. Yeah- that's one way to impress me!

He looked especially good this year- with one more year under his belt at the gym. I was so happy to spend time with him. We walked arm in arm to the hotel bar and chatted all night in the lounge chairs until it was time to get back to my hotel. {I, out of courtesy of my family, decided to get home by mid-night}.

The next night I met up with the boys at the hotel bar for dinner at the Denver Diner. Travis wanted to work out so he joined up with us later- calling his boss to ask him to save a seat by "the beautiful blonde"....so Steve actually told me this after he took the seat next to me :) LOL! After dinner we ventured over to the Paramount Bar on 16th Street Mall where we played pool and flirted all night. Again, I had to be back by mid-night and they had to work early so we walked back to the hotel and when the valet brought my Jimmy up I got my first real kiss with the guy- Yummy!

Friday & Saturday was pre-determined I was staying at the Embassy Suites with Philip (remember- my best friends fiance). Christine stayed too as we were drinking at the free parties and it wasn't safe to drive.

Friday was my favorite party where we danced all night and never left the floor! I danced with all the Montana guys (rock-n-roll, swing & two stepping) but when there was a break and I was dancing with Christine I felt someone grab my hips, spin me around, dip me and move right into a fast Texas two-step - it was that sexy cowboy!

Yeah, I was his date all weekend long to all the events and had such a great time. He's a very cool guy and just my type.....Which leads me to discuss how dangerous my "type" is. I always go for the guys who are unavailable; emotionally- distance wise or just plain taken. This year both Travis & I happened to be single therefore he is distance unavailable. Darn it! He lives in Montana- like 14 hours from here on a route that isn't that much fun of a drive because there is absolutely NOTHING to see. He actually lives just 2 hours north of where my ex's parents live in Montana so I know the drive is not fun- and probably even more not fun alone!

Anyways.....

I've resolved to be single ALL YEAR LONG! Why- because it is a total blast! I am a companion person- very true. But I've been a very good companion for the last four years to two very ungrateful men and I'm sick of it! I want to be me and I'm growing more and more independent and looooving it! I'm not going to have any expectations- what happens happens, but I'd like to just have a great year to myself this year.

Now let me give you my definition of "date".
The activity of dating means-
1) meeting LOTS of nice men cool enough to want to go out and have a good time with doing whatever.
2) NOT committing and becoming exclusive.
3) not leading them on to expect anything from me.
4) not becoming emotionally attached.
5) not spending every waking minute with them
6) not calling them all the time

I want to spend more time with my family, friends and doing the activitiies on my list of things to do in life- life is too short not to have FUN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Music Codes - MySpace Layouts